How we are organised and what we believe about young children's learning
We believe that all children at Woodlands Park are entitled to a broad and balanced curriculum.
An entitlement curriculum should reflect and where possible integrate
- Children’s interests and enthusiasms
- The learning needs indicated by the children themselves, reflected in their play and other self-initiated activity
- The developmental needs of the child
- The key experiences, curriculum content and learning processes identified by staff as children’s entitlement
As a maintained nursery school we have a highly qualified staff team who have extensive experience and understanding of child development, curriculum, planning, pedagogy, formative assessment and evaluation in teaching and learning.
How we are organised:
Nursery Drop off and Collection times
Click here to view our nursery's drop off and collection times.
Green Room has full time childcare places (8am – 6pm) for children between the ages of 1 and 3. We also offer a number of free part time 2 year old places which are linked to eligibility criteria (see Free for Twos).
Blue Room has a range of different places for children between the ages of 3 and 4:
- Full-time Edu-care places from 8.00am – 6pm (all year round)
- Part-time Free Entitlement places (term-time only) in the morning (8.30 – 11.30am) or afternoon (12.30 – 3.30pm) five days a week
- Flexible Free Entitlement places (term-time only) for two and a half days (two days from 8.30am - 3.30pm) and one half day (8.30 – 11.30am or 12.30 – 3.30pm)
- Full-time 30 hour Entitlement places (term-time only) five days a week (8.30am - 3.30pm)
- Flexible 30 hour Entitlement places (year round) for two and a half days (two days 8am - 6pm) and one half day (8 - 11.30am or 12.30 - 3:30pm)