What is a Core Day?
A Core Day is when the nursery is open from 8:00am to 2:30pm. This applies to our nursery families, afterschool club and the Children Centre. The rest of the day is set for staff training.
Nursery Drop-off and Collection times
Please click here to find out times
What is the Key Person Approach?
The key person is your child's special person at Woodlands. S/he will
- Arrange a home visit to meet you and your child
- Support you in settling your child
- Keep a profile book, observations and records of your child’s development
- Work in partnership with you to best meet your child’s individual needs
The key person will never replace the parent but they will be a special extra adult for your child. As your child gains confidence then she or he will begin to move away from the key person and start to get to know other staff in the nursery. Your Key Person also has a Co Worker and a Support Worker that work together in a Family Group who will support your child in the Key Person’s absence. If you have any concerns you may arrange an appointment to see your child’s Key Person or your child’s co-worker.
Meeting with Parents
Throughout the year we make sure there are plenty of opportunities to meet with parents and share information about their children’s learning and development:
- Parents are involved in the ongoing assessment process both informally through day-to-day conversations with staff and as part of the planning cycle where their views and contributions are invited.
- There are also systems in place for reporting assessment outcomes to parents throughout the year. In the nursery, parent consultations are scheduled four times a year and opportunities to look at and contribute to children’s profiles happen on a half-termly basis.
- In Green Room, the Two Year Old Progress Check has been incorporated into a combined Integrated Review. This means that parents of two year olds have the opportunity to meet with their child’s Key Worker and a health professional to discuss their child’s development.
You can now sign up to our Nursery Tours to look around the learning environment, which will be held on the first Friday of every month starting at 10:00am to 10:30am. We can take up to 10 families during the tours.
Or you can watch the Woodlands Park Virtual Tour
Please note we will not be running any tours this academic year and will resume tours in the new academic year (after September). If you are interested, please sign up by clicking the form below: